As a brand new, baby faced blogger, I was delighted to receive a nomination for The Mystery Blogger Award only a few weeks into my blogging journey. I’d like to thank North Left for the nomination, whose blog you should definitely check out here.
Almost two months in, I have found my blogging experience far more exciting and rewarding than I ever really imagined when I was uh-ming and ah-ing over creating my domain. As days have turned into weeks, I have slowly become more and more immersed in a community that I never knew existed, or, at least, that I was only scratching the surface of. The more I blog, the more I learn about this intricate network of like-minded individuals, and I’m always eager to see what the next day brings.
So, you may ask the question, what is The Mystery Blogger Award?
As quoted from the creator of the award, whose site you can find here:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
If you’d like to read more about the award, follow this link.
1) Put the award logo in your post, as well the rules.
2) Thank the person who nominated you; provide a link to their blog.
3) Mention the creator of the award; provide a link to their blog.
4) Tell your subscribers three things about you.
5) Answer the questions your nominee sent you
6) Share links to your best posts.
7) Re-nominate 10-20 people.
8) Notify the nominees
9) Ask your nominees 5 questions including one funny/weird question.
Three things about me
- I have always wanted a space to create my own content, other than my passion for writing fiction, and blogging has allowed this to become a reality.
- I currently sponsor a guide dog, thanks to my lovely partner, Dan, who sponsored her for me after I playfully suggested I’d be his girlfriend if he ‘got me a puppy’. I’d love, in the future, to foster guide dog puppies before they head to their forever homes.
- I’m a little bit obsessed with Dublin. I’ve visited at least once a year for the last four years. It’s my ‘happy place’ and I’ve planned next year’s visit already.
The questions I was asked
1. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
As mentioned above, the fact that I am able to create my own content and share it with others is something I’m finding really rewarding.
2. Why did you decide to start your blog?
I started my blog on a bit of a whim, a ‘I’ll give this a go’, unaware of how absorbed in the whole thing I would become. I have always had a passion for writing, so having a space to collect all my ‘Random Tangents’ is perfect.
3. What’s the nicest thing that’s happened since you started blogging?
Discovering such a supportive community.
4. The weird one: If you could have lived in any period of history, which would it be and why?
This is such a difficult one; there are pros and cons to each. I’m going to be greedy, hop in my DeLorean and sample them all. 🙂
My favourite posts
The questions I want you to answer
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What’s does your blog mean to you?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- The weird one: List three songs that would be the ‘soundtrack to your life’ and explain why you’ve chosen them.
Thanks for reading.